Project Manager (Land Development) - Colorado Springs Office
The Senior Project Lead Engineer – Land Development, is responsible for the planning, budgeting and overall management of projects and for producing aesthetically pleasing results which meet client expectations and return profits to the company. Projects may include residential, commercial or industrial land development, private planning support, or public works initiatives.
Responsibilities / Knowledge:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and identifies project goals, timelines, resource requirements and cost estimates for client projects in cooperation with management.
- Leads the project team and assumes ultimate responsibility for: quality, time, cost, communication, and resources for the projects in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Ensures all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, are adhered to.
- Maintains official project log and documentation files.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of plans in accordance with standards of care in the industry. Provides technical direction to all project team members. Provide clear, articulate direction to all project staff, identifying goals, performance expectation, potential problem areas, general staffing assignments and profitability targets.
- Supervises the production of project documents and regulatory communications to ensure timely completion of project objectives within budgetary and timeframe constraints and milestones.
- Reviews, evaluates, and negotiate terms with contractors, architects and planners; oversees work and resolve problems and conflicts.
- Provides needed communication/reports to designated management on status of projects versus targeted financial and client satisfaction goals.
- Drives execution for our customers, delivers products on time, and reduces costs.
Required Education / Experience:
- 15 years of civil engineering experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering
- PE license.
- Strong working Knowledge of AutoCAD / Civil 3D and associated design software
- Experience with regulatory agencies and familiarity with federal and state design processes
- Leadership skills and experience needed to grow a project team and to mentor less experienced staff
- Expertise in project planning, resource and budget estimating and working to standards of quality and safety as required by JR expectations
- Progressively responsible experience managing a broad range of services.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Currently, JR Engineering has the following positions available
JR Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, age or physical disability.
For General Questions or
Information please call:
Or E-mail us:
We are always interested in qualified individuals to contribute to the JR Engineering family.
Please submit your resume to: